Who knew that September was the National Blueberry Popsicle Month or Little League Month, or Better Breakfast Month? Rover is determined to celebrate the weirdest holidays in the month of September. Check it out..
September 5th is Cheese Pizza Day
Go grab a shake on September 12 with Chocolate Milkshake Day
Celebrate your inner 5 year old on September 16th with Collect Rocks Day
September 18th is National Cheeseburger Day..yum
Shout out to all you women in business! September 22 is Business Women’s Day
Mess with your professors on September 28 with Ask a Stupid Question Day
Also, be a good neighbor on National Good Neighbor Day on September 28
Everyday is a reason to celebrate with RoverTown!
5. Running Ralphie At the University of Colorado, a group of five student athletes run “Ralphie” the buffalo in a horseshoe shape around the field. Ralphie is a loved member of the university. She has been voted homecoming queen and was even kidnapped by the Air Force Academy!
4. Original Homecoming Although homecoming has become a major tradition at most universities and high schools, it is said that the University of Missouri began the tradition. In 1911, the athletic director wanted to spice up an already fierce rivalry between Missouri and Kansas. He invited all alumni to “come home” for the game.
3. War Dance At Hawaii, “The Haka” is an original pre game war dance. The team has gone under penalties for the dance, but has since developed a politically correct dance that is still intact today.
2. Pink Locker Room At Iowa, the visiting team’s locker room has been painted pink for years. Former head coach Hayden Fry, studied psychology and believed the color pink dampened aggressiveness and excitement.
1. World’s Largest Drum Purdue is not only home to the Boilermakers, it is also home to the World’s Largest Drum. Wheeling out the drum in the pre game performance has become a staple of the Purdue Marching Band.