We wouldn’t be where we are without our fathers or father figures! In 1908 a West Virginia church sponsored an event to specifically honor fathers. However, it was only a one time event.The next year, a woman who was one of six children raised by a widower tried to establish the equivalent to Mother’s Day for male parents. She went to local establishments and government officials to build support for her idea and was successful. Washington State celebrated the nation’s first statewide Father’s Day on July 19, 1910.Rover came up with creative ways to tell Dad, he’s the DOG! …I mean, MAN!
- Dad’s Stach – Place this phrase on a jar as a piggy bank for Dad!
- Best POP ever! – Bring him his favorite soda.
- A Par-TEE for Dad – Give him a golf gift this Father’s Day. Golf balls and tees!
- You’re an A&Wesome Dad! – Root beer floats for dad!
- Dad, We love you to PIECES – All Dads love Reese’s Pieces right?
So don’t be afraid to let Dad know how much you appreciate him! Check out other special discounts for Father’s Day on RoverTown!